My guest today is Amy Schultz, who heads Recruiting over on Canva, the hugely successful graphic design platform that every creator knows and loves. Amy has also previously worked in senior roles at LinkedIn and Hudson, and lived in China, Singapore, San Francisco and now Sydney, Australia.
In this episode, Amy and I chat about how her career has evolved and enabled so many geographical and industry moves and the top traits she always looks for, when recruiting senior professionals.
Among other things, we cover the following:
- How Amy got hired by LinkedIn and made the move to Singapore and San Francisco? This question is about external recruitment as well as internal recruitment (in the various moves within LinkedIn). Amy shares with us what helped her to stand out and get noticed for these coveted positions.
- The detailed recruitment process at Canva and what helped her get hired there, and what are some of the top traits Amy and her team look for when hiring for key positions.
- Amy's own onboarding journey at Canva where she started smack in the middle of Covid, in Dec 2020, and her favourite tips to help others to on board as smoothly as possible, in the absence of in-person orientation.
Follow Amy on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/schultzamy/
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my weekly emails called Charge-Up! .. they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/supercharge_yourself/