My guest today has worked with CNN, Huff Post, Business Insider, HSBC, LinkedIn, and even at a top gaming company in Hong Kong. Chris Anderson recently moved back to his native California after some very adventurous years in South East Asia. There are 3 reasons I wanted to bring Chris on the show:
a) Chris not only talks about career pivots, one of my favourite topics, but has also lived it
b) The one theme in most of Chris’ career is related to content: managing it, mastering it, learning what works and what doesn’t
c) Chris spearheaded the ‘Top Startups’ while at LinkedIn News and I want to talk about start ups: the good, the bad and the ugly.
In this episode, Chris and I cover a lot of topics, including:
- How he got hired at LinkedIn and how life changed within a couple of months when Covid hit SE Asia.
- Applying to listed jobs vs the hidden job market
- How everyone is a content creator to some degree, and how we can up our game
We really enjoyed this conversation, I hope you do too!
Follow Chris on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris77/
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them once every few weeks.. they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram and LinkedIn.