My guest today is Ben Lampkin. Who’s Ben Lampkin, I hear you ask. Well, you may not have heard of Ben, but I can guarantee you’ve definitely heard of his boss, Sir Elton John! Ben is Managing Director of Rocket Sports, a sports marketing business specialising in talent management, brand partnerships, etc, co-founded by Elton John.
While that’s a pretty cool thing in and of itself, it’s not the only reason I’ve invited Ben to the show. Ben has had a non-traditional career path, and stopped studies after high school. I’m grateful to podcasting as a medium, because with this conversation, I want to showcase that there are multiple ways to be successful.
In this warm and forthcoming exchange, Ben shares with us:
- his unconventional career journey,
- how he got hired by Rocket Sports,
- how he and his team make a decision to sign on new talent,
... and so much more.
Follow Ben on LinkedIn:
Book by Ben's cousin Dougin Lampkin: https://www.amazon.com/Trials-Error-Dougie-Lampkin-author/dp/1471170616/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them once every few weeks.. they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram and LinkedIn.