My guest today is like no other. Truly, one of a kind.
Tova Leigh is a Writer, Performer and Content Creator with over 2 million followers on social media. But wait, she’s not like other writers and performers out there. She creates viral videos about feminism and women’s rights in a way that educates and entertains. I mean, Tova is seriously funny. And today to talk about Tova’s career, which started out as an Employment Attorney and then switched to the performing arts.
Tova has performed at one woman comedy shows around the world and is the author of the books: ‘F*cked at 40: Life Beyond Suburbia, Monogamy and Stretch Marks’ and ‘You Did What?’, a collection of funny and outrageous confessions from every day people from around the world, which was released in September 2021.
In this episode, we cover a LOT.
- How Tova started out as an Employment Attorney in Israel and how she ended up as a full-time performer on stage in the UK!
-How she has developed the 'resilience' muscle from constant rejections, past and present and how you can too
- How her web series got featured by Amazon and garnered global attention
- What it's really like parading on LinkedIn in your swimsuit and underwear to draw attention to the world's toxic obsession with a woman's weight.
...and so much more!
Follow Tova Leigh:
Her website, with links to her best-selling books: https://tovaleigh.com/
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them once every few weeks.. they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram and LinkedIn.