My guests today are two very talented women who started a video production company, without any video production experience!
Namrata Sirur, aka Nammy, has an MBA and worked in very serious sounding corporate roles with Schlumberger and Sysco Food and Beverage Services. My other guest Pavi Dinamani is a trained Chemical Engineer and has worked at companies like Amec Foster Wheeler. In 2016, both Nammy and Pavi left corporate behind and started this new adventure, which is this super successful video production company called Misfit Communications where they both show up exactly how they are. How did they get started, how’s it going let’s learn more about the OG Misfits.
We talk about:
- What it was like being in Corporate America, as non-white women who aren’t originally from there
- How they got get hired in those first roles and what helped them stand out during the hiring experience
- How Nammy and Pavi met and what happened in 2016, and why they decided to not go back to corporate life
- How the idea for MisFit Communications was born and how they signed on clients and skilled themselves to learn video production professionally.
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them every Saturday, they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram and LinkedIn.