My guest today is Frank O’Connell, who has had a long and illustrious career being CEO and President at some very well-known companies like Reebok, FOX Video Games, HBO Video, Gibson Greetings so many more.
Frank has moved 25 times to new roles, across diverse industries and is now a well-known mentor to young professionals and a big proponent of taking risks to build successful careers and businesses. In fact, Frank has written a whole book on this theme: Jump First, Think Fast. In this conversation, Frank and I talk about the following:
- We cover Frank's long and illustrious career since 1966 and highlights the most memorable role of his career, at Indian Motorcycles, and how helped the company that had been out of business for 40+ years
- After working across multiple industries — from baked goods to sporting apparel to video games, Frank talks about what helped him to adapt and innovate at each company
- Putting on the hat of CEO Frank, Frank shares the top 2-3 traits he repeatedly looked for, when recruiting his inner circle
Learn more about Frank O'Connell:
Order Frank's new book Jump First Think Fast: https://jumpfirstthinkfast.com/
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them every Saturday, they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests: