My guest today is a Dr Pal, one of California’s leading experts in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology. There are 3 reasons I wanted to bring the good doctor on the show.
Number one is it’s pretty cool to have a doctor on the show, second, are some startling facts: 13% of the world is obese, 39% of the world’s adults are overweight, 1 in 5 children are overweight, and we need to learn more about this, and Dr Pal has his own personal journey. Thirdly, Dr Pal, (full name Dr Palaniappan Manickam) is a content creator, with 800k followers across Youtube and Instagram! (I counted 600k during the time of recording and it just keeps growing!). Dr Pal makes useful videos using his charateristic humour and the theme is always ‘making yourself a priority’ so that you don’t need to hire doctors like him, ever.
We talk about the following:
- How the Indian steretype of having a doctor or engineer in the family was very much alive in his family and community growing up
- The journey to study medicine in India and then eventually in the US, with all of the pitfalls in between
- The obesity epidemic, the causes and some timeless pieces of advice for maintaining good health, coming from the doctor's own experience
- The accidental start of Dr Pal's content creation journey: how it started and how it's going
Follow Dr Pal across social media:
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them every Saturday, they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests: