My guest today is one of Asia Pacific’s 50 most influential and purposeful marketers. Sapna Chadha is VP Marketing at Google (at the time of this recording), based in Singapore and runs its consumer and business products in 12 geographies in India, Southeast Asia and South Asia. Prior to Google, Sapna was Chief Marketing Officer at American Express Banking, first in New York, and then in New Delhi. Sapna’s name is Indian and she looks Indian, but had never ever lived in India before moving with Amex. Today we are going to talk all things Google, YouTube, Marketing, being expatriated.
We talk about:
- How Sapna decided to take the less trodden path at Kellogg during her MBA
- Those 10 years at Amex with all the highs and lows
- How Sapna got hired at Google and how (a form of divine) timing made a big difference to actually getting into the company
- What life was like living in India as someone who looks Indian but never lived in the country
- What are some of the top traits Sapna looks for when recruiting for team members at Google
- Biases she has experienced repeatedly as a working mom and practical steps she is taking to change that for herself and everyone around her
- And so much more.
In a world where people only celebrate their successes publicly and leave the less flattering elements out, Sapna and her candid style are a breath of fresh air.
Follow Sapna on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sapna-chadha-1128671/
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them every Saturday, they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests: