Niall O’Caroll used to be in the Irish National Police for 18 years, then worked as a Performance Coach with British Gymnastics and as a Sports Psychologist with 27 individual Olympic champions in Canada, UK etc. Niall is now the global Chief of Partnerships at PepTalk, a team experience platform.
In this fascinating conversation, Niall spills all the beans:
- We talk about what it was like being in the police force in Ireland for the better part of two decades,
- How he got hired by the Canadian Olympic Committee, and what being an Olympic champion is actually like once the pomp and show is over
- What Niall has noticed to be the biggest trait most elite athletes have in common, and how us non-elite folks learn from them, especially during tough moments in our careers like layoffs and rejections
Follow Niall on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/niall-o-carroll-18065732/
‘Work’s broken’ podcast: https://www.peptalk.com/podcast
Liked this episode? A few things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here or Spotify here (tap on the three-dot menu under the cover art of the podcast) , as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover it.
2. You will love my emails called Charge-Up! I send them every Saturday, they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests: