Landing your dream job means persuading someone that you are the best person for the position. My next guest not only practices the art of persuasion for a living, but teaches it par excellence.
Kolarele Sonaike is a practicing barrister at the prestigious Chambers of 1, Essex Court in London. He is also a Communications Skills coach and the creator of the acclaimed “Great Speech podcast”.
In this powerful conversation, Kola talks about:
1. How he went from getting average grades in school to studying Law at the University of Westminster
2. How he secured a role at a prestigious law firm in spite of multiple obstacles, including blatant racism in the legal profession
3. The very peculiar way he was welcomed by a senior barrister on his first day
4. How he started a communication skills consultancy as a side hustle
5. How 95% of job seekers ignore this one particular skill that can help them land their dream jobs
Follow Kola on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kolarelesonaike/
Kola’s website and podcast: https://www.greatspeech.co/
Hope you the show, and please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts, as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover this Job Seeker's resources!
And finally, connect with me on LinkedIn, I'd love to hear from you: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sonalbahl/
Visit my site to learn more about me: