My guest today is like no other. Claude Silver heads the People function at Vayner Media, and there are two things that make her very different.
Firstly, Claude is not a career HR person, no! In fact she has had a very varied career in Outdoor Education, Public Relations and Advertising at firms like Publicis and J Walter Thompson in London.
Second, she is not a Chief HR Officer. She’s likely the only CHO (Chief Heart Officer) in the world! I googled the term, the first page results are all about my guest. I want you to listen to how she talks:
As the first ever Chief Heart Officer it is my great honor to lead at VaynerMedia. I work for a thousand humans, and I am in touch with the heartbeat of every single person in the company. My role is to infuse the Agency with Empathy. It's my purpose.
In this episode, we talk about Claude's colourful career and how she got hired in different industries.
- Claude shares the detailed backstory of how she got into Advertising & PR at prestigious firms like JWT and Publicis and how she moved to London during that time.
- Claude also shares how she met Gary Vaynerchuk, and how that meeting resulted in her eventually getting hired at Vayner Media, and what happened next. (It’s quite unexpected!)
- We talked about her role being filled with the 'exquisite dirty work of being human'. This is so relatable, because no organization is without it. And Claude shares her best advice on how to approach the messiness of leading, whether 10, 100 or 1000 people.
- The importance of culture and how even during the interview process, a job candidate can determine the company culture from the outside in
... and so much more!
Follow Claude on social media:
Claude's website: https://www.claudesilver.com/
Claude's podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/emotional-optimism-living-in-the-silver-lining-podcast/id1441782924
Liked this episode? A couple of things:
1. Share the podcast with three of your closest friends! And please leave a great review on Apple Podcasts here, as it would mean a lot to me and hopefully help others discover this resource for Job Seekers !
2. You will love my weekly emails called Charge-Up! .. they're no fluff no spam, where I share my favourite career insights from movies, TV shows, news and my own personal experiences, that I don't share anywhere else. Make sure you sign up here!
3. Come hang out with me LIVE on LinkedIn and Youtube every Friday at 2 pm CET where I answer your questions and often bring in fab guests:
4. Share your favourite takeaways and tag me on your Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/supercharge_yourself/